About me

You are welcome to my personal blog. I am Kapil Dev Regmi, a graduate in English Language Teaching, Education and Sociology. Now I am a student at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC. My area of research is lifelong learning in developing countries. This blog (ripples of my heart) is my personal inventory. It includes everything that comes in my mind. If any articles or notes in this blog impinge anyone that would only be a foible due to coincidence. Also visit my academic website (click here)

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Shree Bhagawati Primary, Dahachaur


This school lies in Ward No. 4 of Damachaur VDC in Salyan District. It was established in 2032 BS and it has not been managed by community yet. The name of the head teacher is Kali Bahadur Oli. The school can be reached in 3 hours from Shreenagar of Salyan. It is poor in physical infrastructure and the building itself is in danger of landslide during rainy seasons.
The school has an SMC composed of 11 members which functions as PTA as well. It has a child club but no active as such because they don’t have the practice of having meetings and having a responsible hand in decision making. There are 121 students dominated by Chhetri communities. There are about 20 Dalit students and Janajati students in the same ratio. The school has higher dropouts rate, however, none of the students have been made fail for last three years. There are 5 teachers with one having B. Ed.
Though it has been reported that the school has got supports like other schools under RtF program there are no noticeable improvement in the school. The classrooms are small and dusty; the ground is muddy and too narrow for the students to play. More crucial is that the school doesn’t have toilet.

No comments: