About me

You are welcome to my personal blog. I am Kapil Dev Regmi, a graduate in English Language Teaching, Education and Sociology. Now I am a student at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC. My area of research is lifelong learning in developing countries. This blog (ripples of my heart) is my personal inventory. It includes everything that comes in my mind. If any articles or notes in this blog impinge anyone that would only be a foible due to coincidence. Also visit my academic website (click here)

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Janashram Primary School, Hastanapur


This school is located at Ward No. 3 of Purandhara VDC of Dang district. The school was established in 2065 BS and now managed by the community. It takes one and half hour drive from Tulsipur municipality to reach to the school. The school has two buildings and one is in good condition.
The school has an SMC, PTA, and a Child Club. The mother group and youth club function at VDC level for various awareness raising programs such as preventing children from going to work in brick factories. These governing bodies have regular meetings.
It has about 300 students and 8 teachers. Hence the student-teacher ratio is nearly 1:50 now. The name of the head teacher is Kul Bahadur Dangi. The majority of students are from Dalit community including Janajati, Chhetri and Bahun. The school has achieved about 90% promotion rate. Less than 5 students have dropped out last year. The school has got various supports from RtF program such as for constructing building and toilets, books for library, carpet and floor beds, training for teachers and academic support for few selected needy students. The school has wide playground comfortable for playing.

No comments: