About me

You are welcome to my personal blog. I am Kapil Dev Regmi, a graduate in English Language Teaching, Education and Sociology. Now I am a student at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC. My area of research is lifelong learning in developing countries. This blog (ripples of my heart) is my personal inventory. It includes everything that comes in my mind. If any articles or notes in this blog impinge anyone that would only be a foible due to coincidence. Also visit my academic website (click here)

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Case 2: A Helpless Girl

Asmita Gharti (name changed) is a girl of 15 and studies in Grade 8 in Shree Mahendrea Lower Secondary School, Lekhpakha of Salyan district. Even though her parents have not passed away she has been an orphan. When her beloved father caught up with a psychiatric disease and lost his mind her mother decided to have a second marriage and ran away with a guy of her village. The home doesn’t become a home for a 15 year old girl when there are no parents giving them love and affection. What she could do? She decided to go with her eloped mother and started staying with her step father. “I have no home, that home is the home of them” says Asmita. She further adds, “My mother loves me; neither the step - father hates me but I couldn’t be happy. If my father had been healthy … [full of tears in her eyes]… there would have been my home but…”
These days when she talks about her academic needs such as for buying exercise books and pens the step-father and her mother turn their deaf ears. RtF has helped her by providing with 18 pieces of exercise book, 10 pieces of pens, a set of dress (shirt, middy and trouser), a set of geometry box, and a dictionary. these materials have been a great asset for her studies but every day, every month, every year she is in need of such and such materials to continue her studies. The future couldn’t be rewritten without continuous support to fulfill her basic needs. Moreover, the depression she has been imbued will be a strong obstacle to turn the pages of her golden future. “I would have been pleased if I could have got more help of such types from CWIN even if I have the problem of food, clothes and shelter” says she.

No comments: