About me

You are welcome to my personal blog. I am Kapil Dev Regmi, a graduate in English Language Teaching, Education and Sociology. Now I am a student at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC. My area of research is lifelong learning in developing countries. This blog (ripples of my heart) is my personal inventory. It includes everything that comes in my mind. If any articles or notes in this blog impinge anyone that would only be a foible due to coincidence. Also visit my academic website (click here)

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Bhim Kalyan Lower Secondary School, Banthakot


Nearly two hours drive and an hour walking from the district headquarters Musikot (Khalanga) led us to a small school named Bhim Kalyan Lower Secondary school. The school is located in the slope hill of Banthakot village that lies in Ward No 9 of the Muru VDC of Rukum district.
Established in 2050 BS in the land provided by a local philanthropist the school has 8 teachers including a supporting staff. The name of the head teacher is Mr. Yagya Bdr Oli and the SMC is headed by Mr. Jhuplala Oli. The school has a PTA, a Child Club and a Mother Group all working for writing the future of children through quality education. The school has nearly 330 students at primary level including an ECD class. The majority of the students are Chhetri followed by Dalit and Janajati.
The school has almost 100% promotion rate and about 60% average scores in each subject. The ground is muddy and the classes are small. The students are active in studies and interested in singing and dancing. There is a newly built toilet but without water. Water supply is available only for morning and no drinking water for the students.

No comments: