About me

You are welcome to my personal blog. I am Kapil Dev Regmi, a graduate in English Language Teaching, Education and Sociology. Now I am a student at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC. My area of research is lifelong learning in developing countries. This blog (ripples of my heart) is my personal inventory. It includes everything that comes in my mind. If any articles or notes in this blog impinge anyone that would only be a foible due to coincidence. Also visit my academic website (click here)

Saturday, February 13, 2010

I Shouldn't Pay Fee

This story relates to Janashram Primary School, Hastanapur that is located at Ward No. 3 of Purandhara VDC of Dang district. The chairman of VCPC is briefing the activities of the PNGO that collaborates with SC for implementing RtF program. There are 20-22 parentless children in the school. They don’t have suitable environment at their home to stay. The main cause is that the parents of some of the children have either remarried or have gone to India for earning. They live in the house of their relatives – who have also hand-to-mouth problem. However, in coordination with DNGOCC the school administration has been able to retain them in the school. “If the support had not been provided to them, we couldn’t have stooped them from dropping out”, said the head teacher of the school. The children have got support such as note books, pencils, dresses, bags, etc. The Chairman of the VCPC applauds the RtF program and says that “If we had not got that Rs. 50, 000 we couldn’t have implemented the scheme of ‘free and compulsory education’ hence these children would have nothing to afford their studies. We are thankful to DNGOCC”. The community people gathered in FGD appreciated the program interventions and desired for the continuation.

No comments: