About me

You are welcome to my personal blog. I am Kapil Dev Regmi, a graduate in English Language Teaching, Education and Sociology. Now I am a student at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC. My area of research is lifelong learning in developing countries. This blog (ripples of my heart) is my personal inventory. It includes everything that comes in my mind. If any articles or notes in this blog impinge anyone that would only be a foible due to coincidence. Also visit my academic website (click here)

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Words Starting With "L"

  1. Labile (A) – readily undergoing change or breakdown
  2. Lampoon – written work using satire to belittle or attack
  3. Languid (A) – moving slowly in an elegant manner’ lacking spirit or liveliness; sluggish; languorous; relaxed; listless; indolent; lackadaisical; energetic (opposite)
  4. Largesse (N) – succor; the act or quality of being generous with money; “to dispense largesse to the poor”
  5. Launder – money laundering is to hide the origin of money obtained from illegal activities by putting it into legal business.
  6. Ligneous (adj) – consisting of or containing lignin or xylem; ligneous (or woody) tissue
  7. Litigations (N) – a legal proceeding in a court; a judicial contest to determine and enforce legal rights; judicial proceeding
  8. Lustrous – shining particularly from reflected light; bright; glittering
  9. Luxuriant (A) – marked by complexity and richness of detail; displaying luxury and furnishing gratification to the senses; produced or growing in extreme abundance; profuse

No comments: