About me

You are welcome to my personal blog. I am Kapil Dev Regmi, a graduate in English Language Teaching, Education and Sociology. Now I am a student at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC. My area of research is lifelong learning in developing countries. This blog (ripples of my heart) is my personal inventory. It includes everything that comes in my mind. If any articles or notes in this blog impinge anyone that would only be a foible due to coincidence. Also visit my academic website (click here)

Friday, July 4, 2008

Training on Research Methodology

It was nearly 7 months ago one of my friends Mr. Madhav Shrestha made me fill a form of University Grant Commission (UGC), Nepal. I didn't know whether this effort would lead me to get training. But in the month of Jestha Dr. Hari Upadhya told me by phone that I have been selected for the training in Research Methodology.

There were three people selected from UGC. I became happy that I was one of them. The colleges were also given some quota. Jnamaitri College where I also worked had got 6 quotas, nonetheless, I was pretty sure that the college wouldn't have selected me because I am against favourism.

The training was sponsered by UGC and organised by Deans Office of the Faculty of Education. The fund was provided by World Bank.

There were 35 trainees altogehter. They came from 4 Education campuses of Kathamdnu valley. All of them had there degree in Education. Some of them were doing M. Phil like me but nobody has completed.

The trining commenced on the last Sundy. A number of personalities were present in the opening ceremoney. There were Dean of the faculty of education, Chairperson, trainers and many more. The Dean said that the trining is expected to enreach all the trainee participants to be able to prepare a research proposal after the successful completion of the training.

Today (saturday) will be the last day of the training. I will try to write some of the achievement of the training in the evening.

No comments: