About me

You are welcome to my personal blog. I am Kapil Dev Regmi, a graduate in English Language Teaching, Education and Sociology. Now I am a student at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC. My area of research is lifelong learning in developing countries. This blog (ripples of my heart) is my personal inventory. It includes everything that comes in my mind. If any articles or notes in this blog impinge anyone that would only be a foible due to coincidence. Also visit my academic website (click here)

Monday, March 22, 2010

JANAKPUR VISIT

I went to Janakpur on 20 March, 2010 from Buddha Air flght at 9:45 PM. It was of 30 minutes distance. I reached at the Janakpur Airport at 10:30AM. Umesh Mandal from Asaman Nepal received me and took me to the Rama Hotel. As soon as reached Janakpur, I heard the news of the death of Girija Prasad Koirala, the president of Nepali Congress and ex-primeminister of Nepal. At 12:10 he was declared dead.
I tool lunch at Rama Hotel and went to visit Dr. Rajendra Bimal, a linguist or Maithili Language. I talked about the project I was going to carry out. He was so happy to hear so but he wanted to make his own contribution rather than helping to others which I took positively. He has done a comparative study between Nepali and Maithili language morphology. Then we decided that we will carry out the research jointly. He appreciated my concept paper on carrying out the research. Then I went to Rama Hotel and took rest.
Next day, 21st March, I went to the office of Aasman Nepal and visited Nawal Kishor Yadav, the director of the NGO. Then we three-Me, Nawal, Umesh went to visit Bimal sir. We made an oral agreement that the project will be carried out in team. Then from the flight of 4PM I came to Kathmandu.

No comments: